Monday 20 September 2010

Wherever You Will Go.

Forgive the title of this post.

I'm not sure what to call it.

Should it have been a happy or sad title?

But either way..

The summers gone.

And it signals the beginning of my new beginning...

I've waited for this moment for a long time.

And now that its here.

I kinda wished it was further away.

Someone said it should be easier going rather than staying where all your friends will miss you..

I thought about that and at no point did I think that statement is true either side.

The last couple of months have been a host of farewells to that person and another.

Rather sad to see people leave for other places.

Almost brings/

Almost brought me to tears when they left and the one who's only going down the road.

But I have to be real and face reality.

Kinda what I've been through this year.

Me being here in Aberdeen was not planned for by me at all!

But you know, I just picked Aberdeen in the UCAS form because it was one of the places that offered the course which I wanted to do at the time.

I got rejected from Strathclyde almost immediately.

Really downbeat when I found out.

But the show had to go on.

Because the next day was my first interview for Dundee.

The interview was not how I dreamt it and the interviewer person basically said that I chose the wrong subject.

Great.

Having five choices, I picked all of them same subject.

But different cities.

I realised in hindsight that my naivety got me where I was at that moment in time.

I had very little option in how to proceed thereafter.

Having made all my choices.

I either void them all.

Or ask one of the universities to change my choice of subject.

I took option C which was to ask a university in how I would obtain a place in the course in which I had not applied to..

I basically got a blank wall.

Although the person I liaised with was nice, but the door was closed.

I couldn't get in.

I asked about clearing?

The guy dismissed that opportunity..

I was in disarray.

Do I chance voiding all my choices so I could re-apply but it would have been well past the deadline date.

Or ask Aberdeen to change my application.

But on a Friday night, I got two emails for UCAS saying that a status of my application had changed for one of my choices.

So when I got home, I thought what university had rejected me now..

Robert Gordon in Aberdeen.

They rejected my choice of subject.

But they offered me an unconditional offer for the subject in which the interviewer told me to do.

I was elated!

Before the joyous moment.

I had much soul searching, bang in the head realisation of what I am and what I am capable of.

Thinking back I chose the first choice because I liked the abbreviations after your name you'd get for studying it.

But realistically it was maybe a step too far in terms of my qualifications.

Definitely a bridge too far for what I'd be capable of.

But don't think of this as a setback.

I really ought to have made the course I'm doing now a fallback in my UCAS application but I naively didn't.

Bit arrogant as well.

But all is in hindsight and I live to tell the tale.

The couple of weeks ago, the sermon I heard went a little something like this;

God will take care of you in every eventuality.

If you have a plan B in everything you do, then you are not trusting God with what you do.

I'm sure God lets your plan A prevail from time to time.

But when His plan A isn't according to yours.

He's wins.

And you ultimately have to walk the longer way to your goal.

I think God has placed me here in Aberdeen for a reason.

A reason which I will hopefully found out in time.

In the season where everyone else is moving.

Me being very reluctant at first..

I now relish what He has in store for me.

Although the 'all by myself' bit is kinda sad...

I must brave it.

For He will not give me anything I can not handle.

I miss you.

PS. I Love You.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Congrats on your architectural technology course. I always knew you are the smart one. Lindsay