Tuesday 19 January 2010

Our Weakest Link.

I was walking to school the other day I saw a large flock of birds rather round this lady who by the looks of things, is their provider.

As in, she threw on the ground some bread crumbs or whatever it may be.

And the day before, I heard a sermon about how if we fixed our eyes on God then everything will turn out fine.

However that's not to say that bad things can't happen.

In everything we do, God will surely be with us.

So with that in mind.

Why is it I worry?

Well easy answer is its human nature to worry.

And the last time I checked, I am a human.

Not worrying about things is easier said than done.

You can take your mind of things for a period of time, but if you don't deal with it at some point, it will come back to haunt you.

Though digging deeper, its all about insecurities and anxieties.

That's why we worry.

I'm going through some at the moment in my life where I feel that a lot of uncertainty is weighing me down.

I have a lot of insecurities,

And lot of anxieties.

I'm the kind of person who takes life day by day.

Yes, I do plan what I want to do tomorrow, next week, next month.

But I haven't been one who looks too far ahead.

I guess sometimes for the surprise of what the new day will bring.

But for the majority, I guess looking too far ahead is maybe a little bit unrealistic.

I sound very pessimistic and I guess it kind of tells you the situation I find myself.

There's time in life where decisions are made and more likely than not, if you make the wrong choice, its very hard to correct.

I've made the bad choices years ago, and live to tell the tale.

But fortunately, I have been able to correct the wrong to an extent thus far.

However not as I would have ultimately hoped for, but I'm sure whatever lessons you learn in life will only make you stronger and wiser.

It's good you can atone for your errors.

I'm doing so right now.

But there's a point where its make or break.

And these coming months until late summer will be my make or break.

I've let my foot of the gas a lot.

But hopefully when my back is against the wall, that I will prevail and ultimately obtain my goal.

In the time of desperation, that I will excel beyond what is required.

Every day counts and I dare not look too far ahead.

Maybe I should because I look towards to a future I hope to have.

But importantly I should look also to the present to make sure I am not deterring away from the future.

What happens today shapes tomorrow.

I wish every new day was really a new day in that we start afresh.

But in saying that, we wouldn't have anything to look forward to if that did happen.

If God takes care of the birds, then He will take care of me,

Of you,

Of us.

But ultimately, worry about today.

Tomorrow will take care of itself.

PS. I Love You.

No comments: