Saturday 20 June 2009

How to do the Impossible?

I said to a friend recently, was a total spur of the moment thing;

Not even God can keep everybody happy.

I was thinking throughout these last couple of weeks how my life of late is about keeping everybody happy.

Some things, some people need to be kept happy more than others.

But overall I think I've managed ok.

But how do I do the impossible; keep everybody happy?

There's things I do that appeal to people, and there's things I do that don't.

But at the end of the day, am I in the business of keeping everyone happy?

No.

But when I do upset someone, I might not hear the end of it.....

I think some people are just more easily annoyed than others.

And when that is, I really don't have time for either their petulance, their dependance on me thinking I know everything, their misunderstanding, their general demeanour and their pettiness.

I pride myself on being civil with everyone.

But how do you do that when people are stabbing me in the back?

Not literally.

But really how do you?

I normally try not to take anything bad to heart.

And that whatever you've been hit with, that's nothing compared to what we've been hitting God with.

But when someone has hurt me, I immediately try forgive and forget.

Or at least stay mad at them until the end of the day and then the next day, its forgotten about.

I think sometimes people fail to realise that the hurt only hurts the amount you want it to.

If your quite a laid back person, and can take the punches, your obviously not gonna care if someone calls you a name or two.

But if your quite an emotional fragile being, then something like that can cause you hurt and its only you dwelling on it does the hurt become almost a crime.

The world would be a better place if people just practice forgive and forget.

I believe the people that have hurt you did it unintentionally.

Believe me when I say most people out there don't wake up and say I'm gonna hurt so and so.

That doesn't happen!

Maybe only a few.

But generally were all good folk I believe.

If your good, then try and forgive them after reading this.

PS. I Love You.

No comments: